-Jason Bourne
Monday, May 9, 2016
Using Prob Severe and Lightning Jump data together
When using Prob Severe and Lightning Jump together there was some conflicting information as Prob Severe was increasing while lightning jump was decreasing and then increasing. It did not really influence my warning decision all that much but did make me stop and think about it for a while. In the end it probably cost me a couple minutes of lead time. Once the trend in lightning jump reversed both products gave confidence to a warning. Also this storm was was coming out of the ICT radar and in the absence of other radar data...using prob severe and lightning jump data meant that I was not as dependent on the radar data as I normally would be. This was a plus and a confidence booster. There certainly was utility in using both of these products. I could definitely see incorporating both of these into my normal warning process. Below is a gif of how the two products worked in tandom with the lightning jump decreasing while the prob severe was increasing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment