Thursday, July 13, 2017

GLM - Reason for Empty/Zero Pixels in Gridded Event Data

Since I've mentioned the empty/zero pixels in the GLM Gridded Event data over the last couple of days, I thought I would post the reason for it.

In the image below, the blue dots are the GLM Events and the gridded data is the GLM Events that are gridded.  Due to the way that the data is AWIPS grid is verses the GLM data (slightly tilted) it will lead to occasional grids that don't have a GLM event in them.  The 9km data is improved from the 8km data that we have been looking at, but still contains these zero pixels.


Would it be possible to deliver this data at its native resolution and in a gridded form, so we don't run into this issue? Similar to how we get the gridded MRMS data instead of having it calculated on the fly.

-GOB

No comments:

Post a Comment