We were diagnosing a storm in the northwest portion of the IWX forecast area. I did use NSEA HRRR hail readout to diagnose the hail environment in conjunction with the other plan view all sky LAPS and NAM12/HRRR model. The ProbWind product had about 30-45% while ProbHail was much lower around 7%. However, dual pol and Z/V products are showing a deep developing core with a very tall (35-40 kft) updraft and 45-50 kts of low level velocity. GLM wasn't really helping with the warning decision process on this at the time I issued. Was looking at other data. However, in hindcast we did see an uptick in the event density and total energy. Perhaps I'm still trying to learn how to use it and incorporate it into the warning decision process. We actually did issue a warning at exactly the same time (2230Z) as the IWX office (saw this in their chatroom).
Here's what the GLM data showed at same time.
Here's the NSEA Hail readout from what I was seeing there:
More to come...
Supercell/Jack Swigert
No comments:
Post a Comment