Thursday, May 10, 2018

SimpleWVRGB Compared with NUCAPS

Just playing with some RGBs...

Noticed that the Simple WV RGB was showing fairly continuous moisture returns at all levels across the LBF and GLD areas which is good verification that ample moisture is available over this area. Also, seeing the gravity waves to the SW stretching from San Diego CA to the Rockies within the more upper level moisture return (green colors).


Here is a NUCAPS sounding taken from eastern WY:





Here is a forecast sounding from the NAM12 from pretty much the same location



What I was trying to do was compare the nearly saturated environment shown on the Simple WV RGB with what I am seeing with NUCAPS and also NAM12 Sounding data around the same general vicinity of Wyoming.  What I think could be inferred is that the NUCAPS sounding is capturing the higher moisture better than the NAM12 all the way down to ~ 700 MB.  It may also be useful to compare multiple soundings around the eastern WY and NE area to see how it changes over time compared to the Simple WV RGB.


More to come...

Supercell

No comments:

Post a Comment