I still like how the ENT is placed over top of the storm, so that still tends to be my favorite. Comparing the GLM products, I was most quickly drawn to the 10km trend with the notable increase in lightning. However, 5km look most realistic. Since i tend to use lightning data at this point more for situational awareness, I kind of like the 10km data the best.
Wednesday, July 19, 2017
FL lightning compare
Tried to compare several different lightning plots associated our strongest cell along the coast. 5min Total ENT 1 min data is in the top left, 5min GLM 1 min 10km upper right, 5 min GLM 1 min 8km lower left, and 5 min GLM 1 min 5km in the lower right:
I still like how the ENT is placed over top of the storm, so that still tends to be my favorite. Comparing the GLM products, I was most quickly drawn to the 10km trend with the notable increase in lightning. However, 5km look most realistic. Since i tend to use lightning data at this point more for situational awareness, I kind of like the 10km data the best.
I still like how the ENT is placed over top of the storm, so that still tends to be my favorite. Comparing the GLM products, I was most quickly drawn to the 10km trend with the notable increase in lightning. However, 5km look most realistic. Since i tend to use lightning data at this point more for situational awareness, I kind of like the 10km data the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment