Thursday, June 22, 2017

Simple Water Vapor and Airmass RGB

Today is the second day that I used the simple water vapor RGB. Normally, I have a 4-panel with the three water vapor bands included. I wanted to see if I can get a quick overview of moisture in the atmosphere. I surveyed the data with sampling on which helped me see the contribution in the Red, Green, and Blue. I think this RGB helps put together all 3 water vapor channels and makes an easier view of this data in one image.



Another suggestion that was given to me was to load the Airmass RGB on top of the Simple Water Vapor RGB. I toggled back and forth between the two RGBs and was able to note that the areas where it appears dry in the Jackson, MS area are actually fairly moist as there are lots of greens in the Airmass RGB. I was also able to see convective development on some of the gradients between dry and moist air.


-Ironman

No comments:

Post a Comment