Thursday, June 22, 2017

NUCAPS Experimental soundings showed why storm diffrences in our CWA; also de-bunked earlier tornado worry

Again, we were working the Jackson, MS CWA where our strong storms were in the western sections of our CWA, and much weaker in our eastern counties.

Also as mentioned before, I have observed that the Experimental (modified) NUCAPS is essential.

The difference between the west NUCAPS Experimental between the western sections of our CWA and the eastern sections matched with what was happening on radar.  Storms were much weaker to the east.

West counties NUCAPS Experimental:


East Counties Experimental:


Meanwhile, these soundings de-bunked my worry of tornadoes due to dry air over-riding the tropical moisture I thought I was seeing in 4 Panel WV.


NUCAPS showed that instead of dry air mid level upward, it extended all the way down to 850mb.

Davis Nolan
WKRN Meteorologist




No comments:

Post a Comment