Thursday, May 12, 2016

PGLM performance in HUN

I issued a warning for a storm in a line in the NW part of the HUN CWA. The PGLM performed very well showing higher flash densities as the storm grew. Overlaying my warning polygon on the storm you can see how the flash rate was increasing and was highest at the point of warning issuance. After that time the flash rate decreased until the warning was cancelled. I was not warning based on the PGLM but it was a confidence booster and even though the storm did not end up going severe...it certainly helped the warning process in both the decision to warn and the decision to cancel the warning earlier. As a cosmetic comment I prefer the original color table but either one of the top two color scales would be fine. I do not like either of the bottom two as they are not an intuitive progression. - Jason Bourne


No comments:

Post a Comment