This marks the end of this year's Spring Experiment in the HWT. We had a very productive 6 weeks of experiment with 32 NWS forecasters invited to participate in activities this year. I would like to thank all of those visiting scientists who came and participated with the forecasters during this year's activities. Without the help of the visiting scientists, it would have been difficult to capture all of the quality feedback that we did for the various GOES-R Proving Ground products. In addition, I would like to thank the local NSSL/SPC/NWS personnel that kept this thing running week-to-week. I would like to give special thank you to Darrel Kingfield at NSSL for putting together this year's Weather Event Simulator case for training and making AWIPS II ready for prime-time in the HWT. Finally, I would like to thank WDTB for organizing and running this year's weekly "Tales from the Testbed" webinars. They were a great success, giving the forecasters the opportunity to champion the products they found most useful to their peers across the country.
We already have a lot of exciting ideas to move forward over the next year in the HWT. In addition, I am sure there is still plenty of exciting weather to happen this year. I will be posting some examples of how the GOES-R Proving Ground products available to the Storm Prediction Center perform during these cases when possible. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment